An experienced, multi-disciplined designer who brings creativity, productivity and collaboration to you, your team and your projects.
Web/UX/UI, Print, Brand & Illustration:
- print design
- website/digital design
- logo design
- brand development/management
- project management
- instructing and demonstrating software/hardware interfaces for the graphic arts industry.
A creative kid who loved math (wild imagination + logic), makes me versatile and affords me the ability to generate and present solutions creatively and systematically.
Using research to prep and execute both print and web design projects throughout my career, I naturally came to focus on User Experience and User Interface Design. Continually learning from conducting UX research and applying design methodologies for new and existing client projects I have been able to improve the web experiences for users and ultimately achieve and exceed business goals.
My wish is to practice UX disciplines, threading discoveries from research through ideation, sketching/wireframing/prototyping, and visual design for web and print applications alike. It is my wish to collaborate with a team in a user-centered driven environment. I look forward to working with you!
- research and data analysis
- content strategy
- visual design
- Digital 35%
- Print 35%
- Brand 20%
- Illustration 10%
UX DESIGN FOCUS includes, but not limited to:
- UI/visual design
- user research
- usability testing
- information architecture
PRINT DESIGN FOCUS includes, but not limited to:
- ad layout
- direct mail
- display/large format
- sell sheets
BRAND DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Logo creation
- Style guides & style guide adherence
- Adobe CC
- Axure, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Xd
- WordPress, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS
SOFT SKILLS include, but not limited to:
- Persuasive presenter,
- Clear communicator and hospitable client interface.
What’s up with the name “CatsAway”?
Some are surprised to learn the name, “CatsAway”, has more to do with a mouse than a cat!
“When the CatsAway, the MOUSE will play”.
The computer mouse, that is. It’s the fundamental design tool. Other tools used include pen, paper, and a mountain of software applications, but designers do a lot of mousing.
- B.A. in marketing (Carlson School of Management) and graphic design (College of Human Ecology), Inter College Program – University of Minnesota.
- Springboard UX Design – Professional Education.
- Interaction Design Foundation – Professional Education.
Historically, I have worked with small to medium size businesses and organizations operating in the following marketing spaces:
- Consumer retail
Having produced design pieces for a wide variety of business and industry, you’ll find a diverse assortment of work samples reflecting:
- Consumer Goods + Services
- Health + Medical
- Sports Fitness
- Non-profit 25%
- Consumer Retail 25%
- B2B 50%