No Dog Left Behind Rescue
UX Case Study
WEB SITE REDESIGN | Research Methods, Findings, Recommendations, Visual Design
- Propose web site redesign initiative.
- Existing web environment not responsive for mobile devices.
- Keep development costs down.
- Design/development in existing proprietary CMS extremely limiting.
- Research data validation.
- Address top priorties: ease available dog search function, promote volunteerism, fundraising awareness/call to action.
- Update UI to reflect approved direction based on data and feedback from testing.
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Stakeholder interview
- Usability testing
- Requirements capture
- Competitive analysis
- Summary reports
- User flow diagrams
- In-person and online card sorting
Sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Quick ideation
- User flow
- Axure & Adobe XD wireframes and prototypes
- Inventory Audit
- Color Palate
- Style Guide
Site rebuild in progress…
The challenge of not being able to fully depart from the existing CMS of proprietary vendor web server has kept the new responsive WordPress site from going live. Modest visual design updates were made to existing site so as not to disrupt current database features.
Rebuilt From the Inside Out
Web server vendor does not currently support responsive behavior. Unable to maximize viewing of “Available Dogs” on all devices.