No Dog Left Behind Rescue
UX Case Study
WEB SITE REDESIGN | Research Methods, Findings, Recommendations, Visual Design
- Propose web site redesign initiative.
- Existing web environment not responsive for mobile devices.
- Keep development costs down.
- Design/development in existing proprietary CMS extremely limiting.
- Research data validation.
- Address top priorties: ease available dog search function, promote volunteerism, fundraising awareness/call to action.
- Update UI to reflect approved direction based on data and feedback from testing.
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Stakeholder interview
- Usability testing
- Requirements capture
- Competitive analysis
- Summary reports
- User flow diagrams
- In-person and online card sorting
Sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Quick ideation
- User flow
- Axure & Adobe XD wireframes and prototypes
- Inventory Audit
- Color Palate
- Style Guide
At the time of initial redesign, integration of existing database framework with a WordPress environment was not possible. Modest visual design updates were made to existing site so as not to disrupt current database features until a volunteer IT professional could be aquired.
Web server vendor did not support responsive behavior. Unable to maximize viewing of “Available Dogs” on all devices.