Rosemary Clausen Center for Performing Arts
UX Case Study
WEB SITE REDESIGN | Research Methods, Findings, Recommendations, Visual Design
- Redesign while respecting original, six year old site.
- Improve SEO.
- Incorporate Social Media.
- Opposition to redesign efforts: “If it’s not broke, why fix it?”
- Performed usability tests on existing site, as well as new prototype designs.
- Google Analytics revealed site entry, user flows and drop-off.
- Proposed responsive WordPress site.
- New architecture addressing goals of all users: ticket buyers, booking agents, talent and volunteers.
- Presented research findings supporting redesign recommendations.
- Enlightened stakeholders enthusiastically agreed to proceed with new site build.
A UX team of one, I performed all UX tasks:
- Interview: discovery, requirements capture.
- Research: competitive analysis, Google Analytics, usability testing, personas.
- Information Architecture: labeling, user flow, user stories, card sorting, navigation/sitemap.
- Wireframing/Prototyping: Sketch, Invision, WordPress.
- Presentation/Validation: research plan, findings report.
- Iteration: follow up testing, revisions.
- WordPress site build.
- Stakeholder interview
- Usability testing
- Requirements capture
- Competitive analysis
- Summary reports
- User flow diagrams
- In-person and online card sorting
Sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Quick ideation
- User flow
- Sketch & Invision wireframes and prototypes
- Color Palate
- Style Guide
New Site Receives Applause
User comments reflect ticket buyers are visiting the site on a variety of devices and engaging in social media and post show communications.
Rebuilt From the Inside Out
Stakeholders and users appreciate familiar visuals while enjoying a more attractive and technical savvy site, especially the addition of video promotions.
Booking Agents & Performer Engagement
Performers are more involved with their online promotions posted on the Rosemary Clausen Center site. Increased response in receiving marketing approved graphics and video expedites site updates and advertising. This special attention aligns with the star treatment performers receive from the Rosemary Clausen Center volunteers.